Friday, March 27, 2026

3rd "Follow the Sound" Instalment dated March 27, 2026 - "7 Songs" collection, song number 3, "Fixed (and Prefixed)"

(Title) Follow the Sound     (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End

  For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"

                    --------------------

In this instalment -

 About song #3 from the "7 Songs" collection, "Fixed (and Prefixed)"

*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "Fixed (and Prefixed)"*****

                    --------------------



(Transcript)

Attention:  What I'm publishing here in "Follow the Sound" is really not about me at all.  It's actually the way, the method, the "vehicle" you might say, that I've chosen to do what I'm trying to do.  I'm doing it this way so that I can work in my message in the chronicle section (The Way I Play) of the story without coming across to viewers as coming out of nowhere, out of the blue or off the wall, so to speak.

And as for "The Music" section?  It's a necessary way to start because it's my way of introducing myself to viewers, my way for letting viewers get to know me a little bit before I continue on with the chronicle section (The Way I Play), so that in that way, they possibly will be more receptive, and, hopefully, more interested in hearing what my message is.

                    --------------------

About "Fixed (and Prefixed)"

  I think it was the late 1970's when I made up this song.  I was trying to learn a song b y the Kinks, "Tired of Waiting for You," but I didn't learn it.  Instead, I ended up with this song.

  Some confusion with the title happened when I took this song to a recording studio in 1981.  Before then, I had had another song.  I'll not explain here why I titled that song as I did, but I had called it "Faw-Ixed."  Then, when I recorded this song, the recording engineer asked me what its title was.  I hadn't thought of that before, so, on the spur of the moment, I just blurted out, "Fixed."  And then the engineer added, "And Prefixed," because of the way that the song starts.

  So with this song, as with all of the songs in the "7 Songs" collection, the music was not made for the videos, but rather, the other way around; the videos were made for the music that had been recorded much earlier.

  And with this song, I was inspired to tell a story that I think a lot of people will understand.

  I hope you like it!

(To watch the song video, click the link below)


Collection #2, "7 Songs,"

    Song #3 "Fixed (and Prefixed)"



No comments:

Post a Comment