Sunday, March 29, 2026

5th "Follow the Sound" Instalment dated March 29, 2026 - "7 Songs" collection, song number 5, "The Train Song"

(Title) Follow the Sound     (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End

  For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"

                    --------------------

In this instalment -

 About song #5 from the "7 Songs" collection, "The Train Song"

*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "The Train Song"*****

                    --------------------





(Transcript)

  I don't want you to think you are wasting your time by first watching my music videos before you ever really begin to see the videos documenting Follow the Sound, in other words, the Chronicle section called The Way I Play.  Quite the contrary.  As I wrote from the start, to watch these music videos is a necessity in order for you to accurately understand Follow the Sound.  The reason is that, as I have been saying, this story is divided into The Music, The Way I Play (which is a chronicle), and Home Where the Highway Has No End.

  When I get to the chronicle section, it's completely different from the music videos.

  For now, take my music videos for their own merit and consider each one according to various different criteria.

  Of course, I hope you will like my songs.  It would mean a lot to me if you would give me your reactions to the songs, one way or the other, for feedback.

  And it would be very nice of you to SHARE a few of them once in a while (please) because all my life I've been trying to get my music heard by the general public, and it's been a real battle the whole time.

  Here's something that I think is important for you to know:

  The proper way to watch these music videos is with a pair of good, substantial acoustic speakers that are capable of shaking the floor.  That's what I recorded them for.  Today's song, "The Train Song," is a good example.

  The next best way to listen to them is with a good pair of headphones.  At a bare minimum, you should at least use a pair of earbuds.  Your smartphone's tiny little speaker is quite inadequate.

                    --------------------

About "The Train Song"

  I don't recall when I first started creating this song, but by 1981 I had it all complete - lyrics, melody, harmony, rhythm guitar, lead, bass, harmonica.  It was the first one I took to the recording studio in San Diego in 1981.

  I was living in Oceanside at the time and I was very fortunate to find a drummer.  I don't remember his name.  He was an active duty Marine, a real pleasure to work with and he did a great job.

  I had a great engineer at the studio and I'm still super pleased with how the song turned out ... for a demo, anyway.

  I sent this song and another, "The Pyramid," to an L.A. radio station that had a weekly late night program on which they played peoples' amateur submissions.  They chose to play The Train Song.  If I remember right, it was the last song they played on their show that night.  And with its sharp ending, they gave an enthusiastic reaction!

  Lynn  and I learned that they were going to play it and we stayed up listening for it on the radio.  I think it was about midnight.  I must say, it was a thrill to hear my song played on the radio, plus to have a good, positive reaction.

  It was my one and only 3 minutes of fame!

  Since then I have often had positive responses to this song.  Lynn and I played it together a number of times at gigs.  Now, I use it as my Grand Finale.

                    --------------------

(To watch the song video, click the link below)


Collection number 2, "7 Songs,"

    Song number 5 "The Train Song"

No comments:

Post a Comment