Friday, April 3, 2026

10th "Follow the Sound" Instalment dated April 3, 2026 - "ALAICMI" collection, song number 3, "Just For The Fun Of It"

(Title) Follow the Sound     (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End

  For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"

                    --------------------

In this instalment -

 About song #3 from the "ALAICMI" collection, "Just For The Fun Of It"

*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "Just For The Fun Of It"*****

                    --------------------


(Transcript)

About "Just For The Fun Of It"

  I hope you're noticing with these first few song videos in the ALAICMI collection that I did not video myself playing.  At first, I did not want to have myself in my song videos.  In fact, at first I didn't have video equipment anyway.

  At first I did not video myself playing because the main thing I needed from the audio recordings was multi-track recordings so that I could use some of the audio tracks for backing tracks for me to use when I later took my stuff out into public to play it live.  And since I didn't have a band to back me up, I'd be using the backing tracks so that I could be a band.  Therefore, not all the parts would really be "live."  But, of course, I would be.  That's why I was calling it "As Live As I Can Make It" (ALAICMI).

  At the time, I expected to be using as much as 90% of the recorded repertoire for backing tracks.  But the way I play now, I only use the backing tracks for a few of the songs.

  Just For The Fun Of It is one of the songs for which I still use the backing tracks.

  No, Just For The Fun Of It is not a magnificent masterpiece of a song.

  But the way I feel about it, sometimes you have to play something Just For The Fun Of It!

                    --------------------

(To watch the song video, click the link below)

Collection number 4, "ALAICMI,"

    Song number 3 "Just For The Fun Of It"



No comments:

Post a Comment