(Title) Follow the Sound (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End
For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"
--------------------
In this instalment -
About song #22 from the "ALAICMI" collection, "Sleepless Dreams"
*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "Sleepless Dreams"*****
--------------------
(Transcript)
About "Sleepless Dreams"
I would tend to combine separate things into one, partly to make something more interesting than the individual parts would have been all by themselves, but also because it's the way and the order in which I used to practice things when I'd do routine practices. It was a memory aid, I guess you might say.
This one is just such an amalgamation. It's fun to play. But some parts are very difficult - difficult for me, anyway.
The first part dates back to either 1974 or 75. So does the next change in the song, the second and third parts.
The second and third parts are actually the same chords as each other, but the third part is played with a different tempo. In other words, the second part is mellow while the third part has a more rockin' feel.
With the fourth part, it's a spoof on "cowboy music," you might say.
The fifth and final part is a full on rock jam I came up with in about 1978 or 79.
I want to say again something I've said before, that it was my aim to play rock things like this even though I didn't have an electric guitar. And once again, my Yamaha FG-75 showed that it's capable of doing very high energy rock!
--------------------
(To watch the song video, click the link below)
Collection number 4, "ALAICMI,"
Song number 22 "Sleepless Dreams"
No comments:
Post a Comment