Sunday, April 12, 2026

18th "Follow the Sound" Instalment dated April 12, 2026 - "ALAICMI" collection, song number 11, "Fixed (and Prefixed)"

(Title) Follow the Sound     (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End

  For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"

                    --------------------

In this instalment -

 About song #11 from the "ALAICMI" collection, "Fixed (and Prefixed)"

*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "Fixed (and Prefixed)"*****

                    --------------------


(Transcript)

About "Fixed (and Prefixed)"

  How this song came to have the title it has is explained in detail in song number 8, "A Salute to the Noble Ladybug."  But I'll just say again here that the title was the result of some confusion I had when I took it to a recording studio in 1981 and the engineer asked me "What's the song called?" a question I wasn't expecting so without thinking much, but at the same time thinking of the other song, I just blurted out "Fixed," and he added "and prefixed," because of how the song starts.  So that title has stuck to this day.

  For the video, I used the same images I used on my earlier recording.  That video, by the way is on my second collection, "7 Songs."

  I had been very happy with the 1981 recording and I wanted to make the 2021 recording as close to that one as I could get it.  For the 1981 recording I hired a real drummer.  But for this remake, I used my Realidrums plugin.  But I still played in this remake the same wooden box that I used in the 1981 version.

  The video was made for the music, not the other way around.  The video tells a story that I think most people can understand.

  By the way, regarding the image near the end of the story that has the rainbow colors - It's important to me for people to know that when I first made the video around 2013 or 2014, the rainbow did not have the same connotation that it does today.  So I don't want people to get the idea that I endorse the new use of rainbow colors, because I don't.  I was only using it as a contrast to the nearly strictly black and white pictures that I drew for the rest of the story and I wanted to show that things worked out gloriously for Fido in the end.

                    --------------------

(To watch the song video, click the link below)

Collection number 4, "ALAICMI,"

    Song number 11 "Fixed (and Prefixed)"



No comments:

Post a Comment