Monday, April 13, 2026

19th "Follow the Sound" Instalment dated April 13, 2026 - "ALAICMI" collection, song number 12, "Captain Nemo Music"

(Title) Follow the Sound     (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End


  For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"

                    --------------------

In this instalment -

 About song #12 from the "ALAICMI" collection, "Captain Nemo Music"

*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "Captain Nemo Music"*****

                    --------------------


(Transcript)

About "Captain Nemo Music"

  There is a musical term for a certain musical interval, I've forgotten what it's called.  I only know it as diabolus en musica, and I think it got that name because in early music history it was considered to be a devilish sound.

  Anyway, there is a movie that was made in 1961 called Mysterious Island.  The music for that movie was composed by the renowned composer, Bernard Herrmann.  The main theme of that movie made extensive use of the diabolus en musica interval.

  I've always liked that movie and I've always liked that theme music.  It's not that I was trying to copy that music for this song, but this song made me think of that music.  And of course one of the principle characters in the Mysterious Island story is Captain Nemo.  Hence the title of this song.

  If there's nothing else I can claim about this song, I claim that it's a good one to demonstrate that my little Yamaha FG-75 acoustic guitar is capable of making powerful, indeed, rockin' butt-kickin' stuff!

  I hope you like it!

                    --------------------

(To watch the song video, click the link below)

Collection number 4, "ALAICMI,"

    Song number 12 "Captain Nemo Music"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment