Wednesday, April 8, 2026

15th "Follow the Sound" Instalment dated April 8, 2026 - "ALAICMI" collection, song number 8, "A Salute to the Noble Ladybug"

(Title) Follow the Sound     (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End

  For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"

                    --------------------

In this instalment -

 About song #8 from the "ALAICMI" collection, "A Salute to the Noble Ladybug"

*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "A Salute to the Noble Ladybug"*****

                    --------------------


(Transcript)

About "A Salute to the Noble Ladybug"

  The title to this song came only as I was recording this video in 2021, but it's one of my oldest songs - have been playing it since 1975 or 1974 or maybe even earlier.

  When I made the song, it made me think of baroque music, even though I knew that it was not really like baroque music.  So I said to myself, "Well, if it ain't Ba-Roke, it must be Faw-Ixed!"  So that's what I called this song:  "Faw-Ixed."  A stupid title, I know.

  Well, following the song's creation, the title was later to cause some confusion.  In 1981, I took a different song to a recording studio in San Diego.  At that time I had not thought of a title for that song.  The recording engineer asked me what the name of the song was.  I wasn't prepared for that.  I hurriedly thought through my mind and mistakenly thought of this song, Faw-Ixed, and, knowing that the title wouldn't make any sense to the engineer, I simply blurted out "Fixed!" to which he added, "... and Pre-Fixed," because of the way that that song starts.

  So, in other words, the title "Fixed (and Prefixed)" for that other song was given to it for no reason while at the same time now this song was without a title.

  Then in 2021 when I was recording this song, and again knowing that 'Faw-Ixed' was a stupid title, I had to come up with a new title.  And I thought then that it would be a nice thing to pay tribute to the sweet little beloved ladybugs.

  And I like that.

                   --------------------

(To watch the song video, click the link below)

Collection number 4, "ALAICMI,"

    Song number 8 "A Salute to the Noble Ladybug"



No comments:

Post a Comment