(Title) Follow the Sound (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End
For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"
--------------------
In this instalment -
About song #2 from the "ALAICMI" collection, "The Truckin' Song"
*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "The Truckin' Song"*****
--------------------
(Transcript)
About "The Truckin' Song"
How long have I been playing The Truckin' Song? I don't know. At least since 1975.
To be sure, The Truckin' Song is a simple nothing of a song. But it's fun just the same and I'd often play it when I started my practices because it's a good way to get my fingers limbered up.
Another good thing about it, and another reason why I'd use it to start my practices, is that, being in the key of D Major, it's a good way to tune your guitar - you can hear it.
And this song was good in another way too, being simple as it is. We'd get together as friends to jam together on our guitars. None of us were very good guitarists and we needed something simple we could all learn easily and quickly. The Truckin' Song is good for that and then it was a fun thing for us beginners.
I'm including on this post the links to two different versions of this song. The first song video I made of it was from the 2015 collection "Captured - The Performance for Posterity." As I said in Instalment 1, another name I have for that collection is "Monty Dicksion and the Household Implements" because I used household implements for percussion instruments in the recordings.
Then the other version is from the 2020 "ALAICMI" collection.
The recording quality is better on the 2020 version. But, I don't know ... I think maybe I like the 2015 version better. I think it's kind of funny ... a plastic tub for a bass drum, pot lids for cymbals, wooden spoons for drum sticks and a cookie sheet for a crash cymbal.
So I put both versions here. Maybe you'll be kind enough to let me know what you think!
--------------------
On this post I have put links to two versions of The Truckin' Song so that you could compare them, one from the 2020 collection number 4 and the other from the 2015 collection number 3.
--------------------
(To watch the song videos, click the links below)
Collection number 4, "ALAICMI,"
Song number 2 "The Truckin' Song"
or
Collection number 3, "Captured - The Performance for Posterity,"
Song number 1 "The Truckin' Song"
No comments:
Post a Comment