(Title) Follow the Sound (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End
For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"
--------------------
In this instalment -
About song #6 from the "ALAICMI" collection, "Can't Find My Way Home"
*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "Can't Find My Way Home"*****
--------------------
(Transcript)
About "Can't Find My Way Home"
Words and music by Steve Winwood
Rendition by Monty Dicksion
For other songs I was able to find royalty-free images to go with the music. But this song ... what images are there that are suitable? The lyrics to this song are odd. And what does the song even mean anyway? Anything? Not that I can tell.
So I used PowerPoint. With PowerPoint you can create shapes. Then you can animate whatever you put on the slide.
Then there's the main line in the song which is repeated several times: "Can't find my way home."
It made me think of the Twilight Zone episode, "Next Stop Willoughby," a place in the 1880's, a time and place that, by the way, has always appealed to me personally.
So for that line I found images of Currier & Ives paintings of homes of the period.
The only backing track I made for this song is drums, and it was a challenge. In Blind Faith's recording of this song, Ginger Baker's drumming is a masterpiece - understated and yet driving.
So, well, I did what I could!
--------------------
(To watch the song video, click the link below)
Collection number 4, "ALAICMI,"
Song number 6 "Can't Find My Way Home"
No comments:
Post a Comment