(Title) Follow the Sound (Sections) The Music, The Way I Play, Home Where the Highway Has No End
For background info about "Follow the Sound," see "1st Instalment, March 25, 2026 - How to Watch 'Follow the Sound'"
--------------------
In this instalment -
About song #5 from the "ALAICMI" collection, "The Last Mountain On The Right"
*****Scroll down to below the Transcript to find the link to the song video "The Last Mountain On The Right"*****
--------------------
(Transcript)
I want to add something to what I said in the 4th instalment.
You'll recall that at that time I said that someone had commented that I was using my music to, as he put it, "initiate social change." I said then, and still say, that I am not. And I explained myself.
Now I want to say that when you get to the chronicle section of this story (The Way I Play), it will be plain to see that I am not out to initiate social change. Because what I say at the very beginning of the The Way I Play section is that in order to fight the crime, corruption and injustice going on in the world, to do it correctly, you have to engage, with the exact people who are doing the crime, corruption and injustice. You have to engage with them personally and face-to-face, not in a confrontational way but in a conversational way.
And that's not all there is to it either. Because if you will follow this story as it progresses, you will see that there's more to it than just a simple "us and them" kind of thing. That is, it's not just an "us and them" kind of thing.
--------------------
About "The Last Mountain On The Right"
Imagine you're in an airplane flying off the coast of southern California. You look inland. On your left you see the Santa Monica Mountains. To the right of that is the San Gabriel Mountain Range, with Mt. Baldy being the highest peak. All the way to your right you see the San Bernardino Mountains. At the far right of the San Bernardino Mountains is Mt. San Gorgonio, the highest peak in southern California at 11,503 feet. You might say that Mt. San Gorgonio is the last mountain on the right.
I've hiked to the top of San Gorgonio 3 times. When you're hiking up there, there are several places where you can still see wreckages of planes that have crashed up there.
This song is the fictional story of just such an incident that happened to two unfortunate air travelers.
When I started this ALAICMI project, it was not my intention to photograph myself playing these songs. In fact, when I first started the project I didn't have any video gear at all.
So since this song tells a story, I was able to find royalty-free images to use with the song ... until I got to the guitar solo. So, not knowing what else to do, I bought a camera and shot myself playing.
--------------------
(To watch the song video, click the link below)
Collection number 4, "ALAICMI,"
Song number 5 "The Last Mountain On The Right"
No comments:
Post a Comment